Friday, June 6, 2008

Last Week

This week's review definitely made clear what I need to do to prepare for the final exam. Considering my quiz score, which was lugubrious, I'd say I have a considerable amount of studying and reading to do. On a positive note, however, my Word skills have remained intact, as making my mom a resume proved. I hope that by the end of next week I feel as confident in Excel as I do in Word and Powerpoint, and that the class, for me, was a success.

In technology news, a recent lighting convention in Las Vegas demonstrated the versatility, convenience, and superiority of LED lighting. LED lights produce little heat, use less electricity, and last exponentially longer than regular incandescent bulbs. With the supply of tungsten running out, and considering the world's energy concerns, LED will definitely soon be replacing the light bulb. Right now, however, the LED's run at a high price, even though the money saved in electricity fees make up for it, people probably won't take advantage of LED until prices go down.

No comments: